Harpsden Village Hall, Harpsden, Henley-on-Thames, Oxfordshire, RG9 4HH. View address on Google maps
The Trust was set up in 1909 by John Hodges, who was the last owner of the Harpsden Court estate that once owned the whole of Harpsden. John Hodges sold off his hereditary estates at the beginning of the 20th century and in the process made generous provision for the locals affected.
He was keen for residents of Harpsden and the surrounding neighbourhood to have facilities for general recreation as well as organised team sports. He also wanted to help relieve financial hardship locally. Today, the Trust is run by volunteers (the Trustees) who oversee:
The Hall was built in 1924 and during the past fifteen years has been effectively modernised to provide disabled access, a refurbished kitchen and a new toilet block, whilst still retaining its old-fashioned charm. The Hall is set in its own grounds with a large car park plus a field at the back that can be used for additional parking or to provide space for a marquee to accommodate large parties.
For the most recent Trustees’ Report, please see the Trustees Annual Report 2017